Welcome to The National Photographic Society Image Competition, currently we are accepting entries from both members and non-members and there is also currently no fee for entry.
Entries submitted too late for entry in the selected month will automatically be entered in the following month.
Please fill out the form below and submit your image, the NPS Team wish you all the best of luck with your entry.
(in the event that the form complains about your image on upload check that it is all lowercase (including extension) and contains no spaces or punctuation, if that fails then you may email your images to email@example.com)
Images are judged to Licentiate Qualification guidelines, 65 out of 100 is a pass in Licentiate, over 95 is a Distinction. These are equated to Highly Commended and Gold. Please note that Highly Commended images may differ in quality as an image scoring 94 will be of a higher standard than one scoring 65.
Please also note that judges decisions are final and we will not enter into correspondence into the merits of an image or the score it attains.
The judges give their time freely to ensure this competition can run and each month may be judged by different people depending on availability, we accept that this may introduce a margin of error with regards to interpretation and we ask that you allow for this too.
We regret that since September 2016 the judges are now anonymous due to the volume of personal messaging and in extreme cases abusive messages that they have received.
Please also note the amendments to the rules effective July 2017, previous entrants should reread the rules to familiarise themselves with any changes.
You are entering your image into the month of September
Rules of The NPS Monthly Image Competition
- The image should be at least 2000 pixels along the longest edge as per our entry requirements – we suggest you view the image at 100% on a calibrated monitor before submitting. Resolution of the image is not important as long as the pixels specified are there.
- Any images that violate copyright, trademark or any other applicable law will be disqualified.
- The image must not be watermarked or otherwise branded.
- An image may not be submitted to multiple categories in the same month.
- The image must have been created by the applicant and any manipulation of the image also been done by the applicant – outsourcing post production is NOT acceptable not is any image created or edited on a course or under any form of tuition.
- Only images entered into the Digital Art category may use backgrounds or commercial composites
- Only one image may be entered into any one category in any given month.
- Applicants agree that images submitted may be used by The NPS on their website and social media accounts. At no time will any image be used for any other purpose. You can withdraw this consent at any time, even after an image has been submitted.
- Image deadline is the last day of the month you are submitting for, winners are announced between the 10th and 15th of the next month except December which is combined with January’s competition.
- Since we now donate to charity for each entry made then we no longer post certificates for the winners. You can however contact the office to have a PDF certificate emailed to you.
- All winners (both Gold and Highly Commended) will receive a discount code with The Print Foundry