Although this is the first level of qualified membership it does aim to assess a true measure of professional competence. The candidate will be required to produce a panel of work to a standard that can be reasonably expected from a professional image maker, to determine an established level of skill and competence.
- Submissions must be from photographs taken over the past 24 months and be representative of the applicant’s normal work.
- All images must be your own, please do not submit an image that was not taken solely by yourself.
- No visible watermarks should be over any part of the image unless part of a border around the image.
- Images taken under a mentoring or training session are not allowed.
- Images should be no smaller than 2000 pixels along the longest side.
A maximum of 3 images from each location/project/commission is allowed towards the total of the required 20 images, which should be submitted via this form. If you are emailing or posting them in then please note that images should be numbered sequentially from 1 to 20.
Please be mindful that large emailed zip files or folders may be contrained by the server and it may be sensible to split your submission into smaller files if emailing. Please also remember to accompany your submission with your name and membership number. Your membership number can be found by logging into the website and visiting the members area. If you are using our automated submission form then you do not need your membership number, this is only for people seeing in by post.
Please note that panel assessment may take up to 12 weeks during busy periods so please allow at least this time before contacting us regarding your submission.
What the Assessors are looking for :-
- Composition, control and lighting of the subject.
- Sound technical competence.
- Quality, variety and impact of the images.
Candidates should take time and care with the choice and quality of their images. Where appropriate to the specific discipline a good variety of work is expected to include single and group subjects, interior and exterior locations, high-key, low-key, ambient and artificial lighting. A lack of basic corrections to colour balance and density, or attention to detail and distractions will naturally have an adverse effect on the overall impact of a panel.
Submission Score Sheet (20 images = 50 points each)
(10 points each category)
- Quality & variety of images
- Control & lighting of subject
- Technical competence